Toothaches and Dental Emergencies
Causes of Toothaches
Toothaches can be caused by many different factors. The most common causes of dental pain are:
- A deep cavity (decay) causing an infected nerve
- A tooth abscess (dental abscess)
- Gum disease causing a gum infection or gum abscess
- Food lodged in the gums
- A fractured tooth (broken tooth)
- Loose or damaged fillings
- Tooth grinding (bruxism)
- Traumatic injury or sports injury
Steven M. Levy, DMD are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your Dental Emergencies. During office hours, or after hours please call Progressive Dentistry Phone Number 516-378-8600.
Toothache Signs and Symptoms
It is not uncommon to experience mild discomfort in your teeth or jaws from pressure, hot or cold. However, it is indicative of a more serious problem if the pain is severe or lingers after the pressure or temperature exposure is gone.
We Are Your Emergency Dentists
Call Dr. Levy if any of the following problems exist:
- Severe pain that radiates to your jaw, ear or cheek
- Pain upon chewing
- Swelling around your tooth, gums or jaw
- Severe toothache with hot or cold
- Bleeding or puss around your teeth or gums
- Traumatic injury
- Loose, painful tooth
- Severe pain opening or closing your mouth
- TMJ (temporomandibular) pain
- Fractured or broken tooth causing pain
- Loose or damaged filling
- Pain due to tooth grinding (bruxism)
- Loose or missing cap (crown) or bridge
- Broken or fractured denture or partial
- Missing tooth or teeth
Having a Dental Emergency?
If you are in pain or have any dental emergency please give our office a call. Our caring team will give you an appointment as soon as possible that day and have you feeling comfortable again.