Denture Care in Merrick, NY
Advice and Tips on Caring for Your Dentures
- Steven M. Levy, DMD are expertly qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture toothbrush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water or if allowed to fully dry out.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out and warping.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
Do You Have Concerns About Your Dentures?
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Levy.