Meticulous Sterilization and Safety
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control – you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Levy and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Levy and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several professional and federal agencies: the American Dental Association (ADA), the New York State Dental Association (NYSDA), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap used before and after each patient
- Gloves, face masks, face shields, and disposable gowns
- Chemical disinfection of countertops, dental treatment chairs, and surfaces
- Autoclave sterilization of all instruments before every patient
- Disposable materials whenever possible
- Air purification units with UV light and filters which remove viral particles
- HVAC whole office filter rated by 3M to filter out viral particles
We sterilize all reusable equipment and instruments, including dental handpieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat, and pressure. To further ensure your health, each week an outside laboratory spore tests our autoclave to be certain all bacteria and viruses are killed. This is to verify that it is functioning as designed and documented in a written report.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
Please click here to learn important precautions to stay healthy and safe.